Sooo happy today

So I'm on the Paleo diet, that means no wheat, no grains, no sugar besides what's naturally in organic fruits and veggies, no dairy (cheese and milk), no beans (which includes peanuts),no vegetable oil and other oils, no gluten, nothing processed. What I can eat is meats and vegetables and fruits but they have to be organic (they have to cost way to much).

On top of this I'm going to a CrossFit gym every other day for intensive weight training and cardio exercises.

The wife went to work and I have the day off. I ordered a x-large pepperoni pizza from Domino's and it was sooo good I teared up a little (I'm a fat guy at heart).

Just had to share it with someone :P

I'm so glad my family has a good build, because then I would be fat. :(

Agreed :) I look good and so does all my family despite the fact that we all eat like crap. By all rights I should be 250 lbs but thankfully I have an active job. But, . . . When the wife decides you and her are going on a diet, you either join and support her or dramatically reduce the amount of sex you have . . . And that's not really a choice :P

At least you can cheat sometimes. -_-;; I've had recent abdominal health problems, still unresolved, since May. Ones that are likely within the intestines. But as part of it, I stopped eating meat and dairy. And then later I stopped gluten, which seems to have helped the most. But since I'm doing it for health (and out of fear,) I cannot cheat. At all. Which is tough since my store now serves French pastries that we are constantly warming up and serving for customers.

At least you can cheat sometimes. -_-;; I've had recent abdominal health problems, still unresolved, since May. Ones that are likely within the intestines. But as part of it, I stopped eating meat and dairy. And then later I stopped gluten, which seems to have helped the most. But since I'm doing it for health (and out of fear,) I cannot cheat. At all. Which is tough since my store now serves French pastries that we are constantly warming up and serving for customers.
Hope your diet goes well.

Sorry to hear that. Gluten is a problem with lots of people, it's just for most the symptoms aren't severe and they just get used to the way they feel after they eat.

There are a lot of great gluten free recipes out there. You can substitute almond meal for flour in a lot of recipes and tapioca flour is a cheaper substitute. I just made paleo banana carrot muffins today, you use almond meal and coconut oil, like its flour and milk.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm told spaghetti squash can be used to make a noodle substitute. Kelp noodles work too but they are flavorless and crunchy so you have to make a good sauce :)

Oh and probably avoid peanuts, they are a bean, not a nut

• 4 weeks later...