Sign in to follow this  
Damocles

Who do you go to for advice?

Let's say that you have a map that you just can't seem to beat, or a DD-related issue of some unspecified kind that you can't solve.

You can ask one person on the forums for advice. Who would it be?

Just curious. I know that quite a few of our players are held in high regard, and rightfully so. But I wonder who is your go-to person if you're really in a jam?

In regards to anything map related, I'd personally go to Kiss. He is a map genius... In fact, I'd probably go to him for anything DD related.

lol i feel honored, we all learn from someone then add some of their ideas to our own builds, that's the best thing about playing online it's interesting seeing other peoples ideas, before i started playing online i didn't even know that you could use those crossbow things on the summit to hit the ancient dragon, i was just following him round shooting at him....

i've learned a couple of things of th3hiv3 and i've smiled when i've seen him use a few of my placements in his builds. his aquanos build also helped me come up with my build.

Way back in the day when i was a noob and couldn't do morrago solo with 1 character, Vazquez & Chronicgb let me tag along on their games even though i was no help at all and had crappy gear, i don't think either play aymore

The only map i'm struggling with these days is CD

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm on Xbox so I don't have in-game relationships with most of the people mentioned who are PS3 players. But I can tell you that I've only asked for advice three times, and when I needed it, I asked Notorious__MSG once (Glitterhelm I+) and Cabbage twice (Aquanos build and maximizing scores). IMO it would be frightfully difficult to find better, though surely several folks are of that same caliber. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to ask Kwee if I was in a bind, too. :)

I typically make my own builds and all...I just can't manage to get on with homework, but i have barely any work this week. So I'll probably be on sometime this week.

I'm still signed up on Ice's list as a new player helper, and I use to get messages all the time back when the forums were still getting new people everyday...lately nobody asks me for help though :'(

BRODY, show me the error of my ways. LOL

Haha, well when you left me with your old items, I assumed it was my turn to carry on the torch :P

I must say I used your glitterhelm build too many times to count. Not to mention that all of your items are still used on the daily.

Its also no surprise that Scoot, nortorious and OMM were mostly on the campaign top leaderboard scores :)

Today, that means nothing to me anymore. Try insane with level 70 players and try to get top score! Thoughs where the days. :D

I have to say driftersgonewild and greenhash where very helpfull they help me learn the game without spoiling the fun with overpower weapons.

I've stolen a few ideas from Kiss, Drifter, DrunkenTiger, and that French guy from Canada.

I couldn't beat glitter plus until I saw kiss build.

Mostly the build process more so than the build itself. ..which is technically part of the build I guess.

Cuz does it really matter whether your build is good if you can't build it?

Just remember someone else that help me out a lot once I started doing rago plus anjmorin aka killerbuild really cool guy from public

Kiss and Headhuntress for sure. They were my main "ask them first" people. I have learned some from eyeofalpaca as well. Kiss and Headhuntress still remain for me sources of good solid opinions, and have always taken the time (when they have it) to help me.

Hive has helped my hubby a lot too.

TRMC606 was the go to guy, learned most builds from him.

Best builder to ever grace the 360 side

I agree. He sent me the longest, most thoughtfully-written, detailed description of a build once. The advice was spot-on perfect. I don't know him on XBLA at all, but have appreciated that PM for a very long time.