Sign in to follow this  
braydon

The jester in DD2

The jester in DD1 was kind of weird, for the most part she was just a bad DPS character, her towers I guess could be ok, if they weren't random, but her only real redeeming feature was the wheel, allowing for fairly good support.

I think it would be great if she fit more into a supporting role in DD2. First I think the wheel needs to be made a little faster to spin, because it makes you stop firing for so long, limiting its use to only safe areas in auras late game. Then I think she should be given a special effect on each of her weapons, she would be allowed to pick from a list of effects in the tavern, and would gain the effects based on which weapon she currently held. The effects could be something like: gaining the hp from damage dealt to enemies and dividing it between your team, causing your shots to make any enemy hit take more damage from your allies, lowering enemies attack or movement speed, removing elements, etc. Having 2 weapons would mean the jester could alternate between 2 effects for good support. I think the stat that determines how strong the effects are (they wouldn't be to strong but wouldn't take mana) could be determined by a stat replacing the tower move stat, and when the stat is higher new effects could unlock.

As for her presents I think they could be good if she was allowed to place only one a turn, that doesn't take dus, which would give an effect for the whole wave instead of placing a tower. The present options could be something like this:

Present: Provide your team with a boost such as; increased tower damage, towers slowly regen, player hit more, players slowly regen, etc.

Evil present: Adds a negative effect the enemies such as; Decreased damage, decreased speed, enemies hp slowly decreases, dark elf warriors instantly die when spawned, ogres are mini ogres, mages can't spawn skeletons, etc.

Golden present: increases rewards from that wave with something like; increased mana, loot, exp, more likely to get decor, spawns some golden enemies which drop more mana loot and exp, etc

Really? well then... It would be nice to have a character like this anyway though, even if the jester doesn't return

Really? well then... It would be nice to have a character like this anyway though, even if the jester doesn't return
Yeah, I agrea that would be pretty cool.

Why would speed and hp make a character op? Also this suggestion was mainly for co-op, I think they're almost done with making pvp now.

Jester was always the counterpart to barbarian to me as he was rather swift and on range while barbarian was heavy and strong in terms of melee fights. I doubt he would be op in pvp

"for the most part she was just a bad DPS character" really? Jester is the 2nd best DPS class in DD1, surpassed by the Barbarian. If you haven't played endgame DD1, you shouldn't be making suggestions.

"for the most part she was just a bad DPS character" really? Jester is the 2nd best DPS class in DD1, surpassed by the Barbarian. If you haven't played endgame DD1, you shouldn't be making suggestions.

This little thing called math told me you are horribly horribly wrong. Also I have played endgame DD It is you that haven't. You leached. You can't play as jester without leaching. Unless you already beat what your doing and have great gear on the jester.

This little thing called math told me you are horribly horribly wrong. Also I have played endgame DD It is you that haven't. You leached. You can't play as jester without leaching. Unless you already beat what your doing and have great gear on the jester.

Pretty sure Jester is, hands down, second best DPS of all time. She out DPH's the other class with no skill usage at the same stats.

and p.s: Jester towers are actually better than original ones >.>

Jester has the best ranged dps, and second best all around dps in the game. Add to that the crazy amount of health and speed she has, and you have one of the, if not the best dps character in the game

I agree with OP; I would like to see the DD2 jester be a combat focused hero with no towers, like the barbarian. I also agree that presents doing tricky things is a far better idea that raw combat boosting abiliies. Debuffing enemies, buffing towers, maybe stuns? Or mana explosion (mental image, hahaha)?

Incidentally, wheel-o-fortuna is kind of like having a crapload of combat abilities all rolled into one. Sword-sword-crystal alone has allowed me to complete things in DD that I never could have with a generic fighter-type character. Triple-potion is another favorite of mine and occaisionally I have used triple-dark-crystal when I have my cat pet out instead of genie.