Akatiti Boss Killing - Your Method

I can only do Akatiti NMHC with one AFK. I am using something fairly close to Draemen's build. To kill the boss, I take my 3K booster monk and my 4.5K jester (jester has a 196 boost cat) to the south side of the "river" just south of where the boss starts. I stand behind a rock up on the bank and blast the boss with my 115K blaster rifle. This works most of the time. Sometimes a copter seems to come from somewhere and nuke me but I'm not completely sure. But when I added a 2nd AFK, the jump in boss HP was too much for me. So I was wondering how most of you like to kill the boss (and how many AFKs you can support) and whether you use the build that puts auras on the boss or not.

I just use 3 dps monks and one afk barb with cat since I can't control multiple at once very well. Monks with mega chickens and I boost on active monk.Dies in about 15 seconds for me.

I use a boost monk with a chicken, a jester with a chicken, my summoner for stronger minions and my barb as main DPS. Always fight the boss with auras and minions behind you, so you dont get swarmed by mobs. If you usa a jester as active dps, you should go with a classics which does more dmg when all projectiles hit.

For active I use barb with cat, and at least one monk with boost and megachicken for alts. With wired controller for alt I turn on boost, then with active barb I go to bosses back then jump / hawk the weak spot (furnace door near head). That really multiples the damage enough that 2 jump/hawks along with megachicken on boost is plenty.

for one i build on the river from the start so all boss area has aura stack plus healing (all buffed) in place.

can do with 3 afks.

I start near boss - near the turn in the river.

Booster monk with genie - hair band on the trigger for auto fire

DPS monk (only ~3300 on attack) with 36.9k chicken.

Barb is my active on mouse and key board - with 178 cat.

Then I vary either summoner for better minions or blast ev (use or at least get proton going near boss then leave it) or huntress again with hair band on trigger or whatever with another chicken.

First activate boost monk hero buff.

Second move DPS monk in next to boss and activate tower boost.

Third - 3rd afk toon specific; push in/ do nothing as auto fire..../summoner so do nothing

Forth is for the hawk - rinse and repeat

This ofc all occurs in seconds

Usually just bring in 2 AFKs as I hate the small 1/4 screen on my main.

Same area with full stack + healing aura
Reflects front and back for some chopper protection

DPS monk with mega
Boost monk with seahorse for a little farther reach than chicken
Hunter with tuxedo skin, blaster, and cat

activate both boosts on boost monk
move dps monk closer to boss for chicken mele
hold controller triggers for both hunter and dps monk
over fairly quickly

I've killed the boss with various DPS characters with 4 toons in, including barb, EV, monk, squire. Also did 4 player boss with solo monk with mega chicken a few days ago. I use a build with auras at boss (I think build is by Doctor Will See You Now).

I only have an aura stack with a gasstrap in the river part usually. For the boss I use my dps monk with a chicken, a dps summoner with a 20k horse and a cat, and 2 other dps chars with 20k horses on them. I put the characters on the boss spawn point and boost as soon as the fight starts. Kinda don't have to do anything after that as pets are pretty powerfull on nm.

I use Barb with cat as active. Designated hero and tower boosting monks (with genies as I cannot be bothered to respect between WW and akatti) and a dps monk with Mega (used to be seahorse). Maybe 10 seconds

Is it possible to solo the boss (1 person and 1 character only)? I play on mac and I can't use controller emulator, so I have to chose between booster or dps. If I solo it, my towers go down before I can kill the boss.

I use the build that places aura stack and gas trap in the water, along with a buff beam and 3 archers,1mage,1spider. (sandwiched in 2 relects) I bring in 3 extra controllers for the last wave. Keyboard is my jester that I switch out her genie for a 176 cat (usually by wave 12), controller 1 is my DPS monk with 20k seahorse and an average Sparus setup for melee. The other 2 controllers don't matter.

When the Boss fight starts, I turn on tower boost and hero boost and start wailing on the boss with my DPS monk. I can usually kill the boss around the time my boosts wear off.

My success rate with 3 toons is 100%. I'm running 80% success with 4 toons, failing occasionally if i don't kill the boss before my boosts wear off. From a previous post, I'm going to try bringing in my summoner and see if that buys me the extra time necessary to get to 100%.

I don't find a healing aura necessary in the boss arena, if I die it's because a mage dies somewhere and the buff goes down. I circle the boss repeatedly and don't have a problem with my character dying. I do have full resists on my DPS armor though...

The last wave, I bring in my DPS Monk with chicken, and my Summoner for stronger minions, I use a Jester with Cat as my main DPS, I sit my Monk on the Rock near boss spawn, activate both boosts, and pretty much melt the boss. I wouldn't dare bring in a 4th afk, the lag is sooo bad with 2 afk's, adding another would be like 1 fps

This is my setup which takes the boss down in about 5 seconds. Mind you, thats just probably because of OP chars.

SETUP
In the east river (where he spawns) I place 2 auras, strength drain and healing. You can place more if you need them and have DU.

CHARS
1. Monk with chicken
2. Squire with a chicken
3. Barb with a cat.

BOSS
When the boss appears, I start both hero and tower boost with monk. I start rage (or whatever its called) with squire and then dps with barb.

Barb w/201 cat - active
Monk + 34k mega chicken (hero boost, fill up with mana before boss)
Monk + 37k mega chicken (afk)
Countess + 17k seahorse (this could be any dps hero, it doesn't really matter)

All in a weak dps monk strength drain aura (less then 1k in all tower stats.) Activate hero boost when boss appears, two hawk strikes and boss is dead. 100% success rate. I used to use seahorse on monks until Tinkerer's Lab. Maybe I'll give the 4th dps hero a mega chicken as well. Not that it matters.

Is it possible to solo the boss (1 person and 1 character only)? I play on mac and I can't use controller emulator, so I have to chose between booster or dps. If I solo it, my towers go down before I can kill the boss.

buy or use(...) a joypad(s); i have 3

I use Series EV and Booster Monk. I build up a Proton Blast during the final wave on my Series EV and mana on my booster monk. When the boss comes, activate the Hero Boost first then my Proton Charge, killing the boss in seconds.

Thanks a lot to everyone for their input. I've learned quite a bit. I think I'll add a 2nd DPS AFK (probably a Hunter) with a rubber band on the trigger and a mega chicken pet. Hopefully that will get me 50% more rewards. And it looks like I need to start leveling up another monk.

Thanks a lot to everyone for their input. I've learned quite a bit. I think I'll add a 2nd DPS AFK (probably a Hunter) with a rubber band on the trigger and a mega chicken pet. Hopefully that will get me 50% more rewards. And it looks like I need to start leveling up another monk.

Monk with chicken x3 + Barb with cat = 5 second boss :)

Well, last night I gave it a shot with 2 AFKs. My second AFK was a ranger with a mega. Only my jester has good health though (500K). My monk is around 181K and my ranger is around 140K. I kept Draemn's build so there was nothing built near the boss fight area. When the boss fight came, I jammed my monk and ranger in close, turned on boost and then blasted with my jester. I got his health down from 750M to about 40M before all my chars died. Pretty frustrating but still better than my last 2 AFK run had gone a few weeks ago.

I figured I needed a different build so I gave Dr. Hudduh's a shot. It worked really well. I don't know why but I'm always afraid of builds without harpoons. The boss went down quickly. I did forget to put down the healing aura that his build calls for on the last wave but it still went pretty easy. None of the mobs got close to my chars. Tonight I'll give it a try with a full 4 chars and the healing aura. Thanks Dr. Hudduh.

rubber bands FTW

These really show their worth on the WW bosses where mana sublimates!!!

Glad a lot of people posted and gave you ideas, gl; tho ofc now you don't need it!!!

Success! I was able to beat it last night with 3 AFKs. It was only a little tougher than 2 AFKs. I use Dr. Hudduh's build again but this time I was able to get the healing aura down for the last wave. My 3rd AFK was my summoner instead of another DPSer. I was afraid of my minions collapsing while I was fighting the boss. The 1B boss health melted pretty quickly. The boss fight probably lasted 25 seconds. My fighters were 4.5K Jester (115K blaster, 198 cat), 3K booster monk (?? sparus, 34K mega) and a 4K hunter (154K pawn, 31K mega).

Now I just need rng to give me something good....

Thanks again all.