Sign in to follow this  
Deleth

Can we declare this forum (and by proxy DD 2) dead yet?

So let's face it. Trendy seems to have all but abandoned their own forum, there's no releases, no information, no contact from their side and from what I've read here some of the beta testers can't even log into the game anymore.

There's exactly one thread with a post from today and a handful from yesterday and all of them are from users, Trendy is way over their own schedule and don't seem to care to actually inform anyone with people losing interest fast. Can we declare the whole thing or at the very least the forum dead yet?

So let's face it. Trendy seems to have all but abandoned their own forum, there's no releases, no information, no contact from their side and from what I've read here some of the beta testers can't even log into the game anymore.

There's exactly one thread with a post from today and a handful from yesterday and all of them are from users, Trendy is way over their own schedule and don't seem to care to actually inform anyone with people losing interest fast. Can we declare the whole thing or at the very least the forum dead yet?

The forum is not dead by any means. Trendy must be going through a lot of changes and are working hard on DD2 atm hence why there have been less activity from them on the forums plus many game developers do not even post in there own forum for obvious reasons. If the forums were dead then this forum would most likely not exist today. When Trendy has something to actually show us or update there status on DD2 they will post something but until then we have to wait patiently.

The forum is not dead by any means. Trendy must be going through a lot of changes and are working hard on DD2 atm hence why there have been less activity from them on the forums plus many game developers do not even post in there own forum for obvious reasons. If the forums were dead then this forum would most likely not exist today. When Trendy has something to actually show us or update there status on DD2 they will post something but until then we have to wait patiently.

Errrm, no. They had a clear schedule and "weekly" reports for us, all of it "suddenly" stopped and we never heard of them again. That alone bodes ill for the whole thing. And if this forum isn't dead, what exactly would you call a forum with ONE now TWO threads in which people have written in the last few days?

For all purposes what you are saying sounds a lot like holdout propaganda. ;)

It's summertime, most companies work in slow motion.
It's strange that they stopped introducing the heroes without warning, but maybe they were told to focus on the game rather than marketing it?
Or maybe they're all dead because of a deadly virus and we're all going to die soon?
Time will tell, but don't jump to conclusions too quickly. For my part, I won't get out of my bunker until we got new from trendy (not a loosy survey, real news)

Edit: I just googled loosy, and it doesn't seem to mean what I thought it meant. Actually, I now think it doesn't exist. But I can't find a better word.

Errrm, no. They had a clear schedule and "weekly" reports for us, all of it "suddenly" stopped and we never heard of them again. That alone bodes ill for the whole thing. And if this forum isn't dead, what exactly would you call a forum with ONE now TWO threads in which people have written in the last few days?

There was an article that was posted about the company over a month ago and I believe that is what has caused the silence. I would think of it as, someone throwing a rock in the pool and Trendy doesn't want to say anything until all the ripples have disappeared. (Yay analogies!)

They are most likely changing their corporate plan based upon that article (or feedback from us!) I know as an organization, you can't say things that you are not prepared to say. I'm assuming Trendy from the outside looks like a clock where the hands are moving, but on the inside the gears are working double time! (YAY! Two analogies!)

For all purposes what you are saying sounds a lot like holdout propaganda. ;)

The forums are not dead. The PC side has died down but the Console side has been very active in the past few weeks with constant new threads and posts. You need to look at all of the forum to make that type of judgment not just one section of the forums. Everything will be explained in due time just not as soon as we hoped.

At this point both games are and the forums are dead. Also DD2 Looks like a joke well at least the moba part -_-
Yeah, PC looks quite dead, but have you looked at console recently?

Yeah, PC looks quite dead, but have you looked at console recently?

Really Consoles are alive..... Well that might be the 10+ recent events for Xbox while PC has had like 3 in the past 2 months......

If people only knew what was coming in the near future. :)

No Just no.....

Really Consoles are alive..... Well that might be the 10+ recent events for Xbox while PC has had like 3 in the past 2 months......

No Just no.....
We only had 2 events not counting the monthly xp events, so we're still only getting 3 event a month.

If only you knew he wasn't talking about DD2.

The Community Events are really the only active thing on the forums. And God bless the Events Team (on both PC and the consoles) for keeping that spirit alive. But other than that, and of course the Trading section, yes the forums are dead. The console section doesn't count as "active;" it's basically the same few people sharing their recent item pulls. The same very cool bunch of people, but still, that's not "full activity." ^_^

The Event-related posts, of course, are the only genuinely new discussion/content pieces. Console or otherwise. That doesn't mean the forums won't become active again, however. When the third Map Contest stage(s) are released for PC, and when DD2 goes into proper/public beta, we'll see activity again. Just how much remains to be seen.

We need Dredd back on PC, everything Event related seems so dead without him; heh.

we need him more on ps3

We need Dredd back on PC, everything Event related seems so dead without him; heh.

I agree 100% seems like he gets stuff done remember when we used to get like an event every week! :3

I agree 100% seems like he gets stuff done remember when we used to get like an event every week! :3

Dredd has been away far longer than the time that the Events been "dead", and he doesn't really do maps. I believe the time you're mentioning that you guys used to get an event every week was the time I was pumping out a map a week, working on maps basically 24/7 for like 5~6 weeks straight.

I know we all love the events, but it's not easy to keep those up. Specially in the map-making front... Maybe you guys or whoever is reading could take a look at DDK? mess around with it a bit? :3
Some useful tutorials:
http://www.morgan-roberts.com/DunDef/[[869,hashtags]]
http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/tutorial.html

I'm sure if you make a cool map and suggest it to the event guys, they would be happy to use it (cool/interesting map D: don't just do anything weird without any gameplay). Our biggest problem right now is the lack of map makers.

Dredd has been away far longer than the time that the Events been "dead", and he doesn't really do maps. I believe the time you're mentioning that you guys used to get an event every week was the time I was pumping out a map a week, working on maps basically 24/7 for like 5~6 weeks straight.

I know we all love the events, but it's not easy to keep those up. Specially in the map-making front... Maybe you guys or whoever is reading could take a look at DDK? mess around with it a bit? :3
Some useful tutorials:
http://www.morgan-roberts.com/DunDef/[[869,hashtags]]
http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/tutorial.html

I'm sure if you make a cool map and suggest it to the event guys, they would be happy to use it (cool/interesting map D: don't just do anything weird without any gameplay). Our biggest problem right now is the lack of map makers.

You guys' should "hire/recruit" some dedicated map makers....since they are only map makers you could probably take any age to boot....would probably help the PC section out for you guys'.....I dont care about it but....some people still agree with that community....

The entire Events Team works hard, and they deserve respect for that. That time where we were getting new PC Event maps every week was mostly when Dredd was on hiatus, actually. Keen took over for a bit as manager, but again the manager isn't the one who gets the maps out in time. The last many PC Event maps were created by Daniel Sound, and then ones before him were created by Mischief. Alhanalem has also made quite a few prior to this.

The problem is, like Dan said above; they had to spend every waking moment of their days working on those maps to have new ones be playable on a weekly basis. This isn't running through already-existing stages like on the new console events; this is crafting new stages from scratch most of the time. And they do this as volunteers; they don't get paid or compensated for it. To do that and have a new one out every week, for one man, is nigh-impossible. It's amazing Dan and the others had such a run as they did.

Boss think about this say you're a map maker, and you spend hours upon hours to get it done quickly. Then you tone down that pace to say spend some time doing something else. Then a lot of people start complaining about how the maps take forever to come out. When you're spending your own free time for nothing. How would that make you feel?

You guys' should "hire/recruit" some dedicated map makers....since they are only map makers you could probably take any age to boot....would probably help the PC section out for you guys'.....I dont care about it but....some people still agree with that community....

We tried, kept the "recruitment" topic/form open for a while, no map-makers really appeared :(

[quote]The problem is, like Dan said above; they had to spend every waking moment of their days working on those maps to have new ones be playable on a weekly basis. This isn't running through already-existing stages like on the new console events; this is crafting new stages from scratch most of the time. And they do this as volunteers; they don't get paid or compensated for it. To do that and have a new one out every week, for one man, is nigh-impossible. It's amazing Dan and the others had such a run as they did.[/quote]
This <3 ShinUkyo gets it

Pretty much what Daniel Sound and ShinUkyo said is true. We have a few talented map makers on the PC team, but they are also dealing with school, work, etc. It also doesn't help that many of them have worked on tons of maps already and are kind of burnt out so to speak. Recruitment went pretty well for getting event hosts, but not really map makers.

The long period of the Steam Workshop bug/outage recently caused us to miss at least a couple weekends, maybe more. I apologize for not having as many events lately, but it is getting increasingly difficult to bring you guys great content. We might have to resort to just adding rules to existing maps or something soon.

Pretty much what Daniel Sound and ShinUkyo said is true. We have a few talented map makers on the PC team, but they are also dealing with school, work, etc. It also doesn't help that many of them have worked on tons of maps already and are kind of burnt out so to speak. Recruitment went pretty well for getting event hosts, but not really map makers.

The long period of the Steam Workshop bug/outage recently caused us to miss at least a couple weekends, maybe more. I apologize for not having as many events lately, but it is getting increasingly difficult to bring you guys great content. We might have to resort to just adding rules to existing maps or something soon.

You guys could just do what the PS3 and Xbox community do and add custom rules....

I attempted to learn the DDDK in hopes that some day you guys would need me and I would help out....the problem is I never could fully figure it out after reading guides and all on the UDK and even watching a 100 part video series on the thing I think....Just never could manage to grasp it by myself....

Besides what Shin, Daniel, and Keen have stated... this forum will not die for a long time since both AK and Starfox won't stop banning each other on that ban post, and they are really young. :/

Besides what Shin, Daniel, and Keen have stated... this forum will not die for a long time since both AK and Starfox won't stop banning each other on that ban post, and they are really young. :/

LOL, actually Star will be going semi awol soon. He will be a 14 year old college freshman in another week. That will greatly cut into his play time. ")