Is the game even going to happen?

allright, so for the past multiple weeks, i have been checking the forums and ect most days, and there has been NOTHING new, and i am wondering, is the game even going to happen? theres been no beta contests, no facebook stuff since the surveys, and i want to know. If there is going to be tons of hype one minute, and none the next, WITHOUT any releases ect... we should at least know... Right?

In their defense we don't have to know anything. However, I do agree that as we get less news, release dates, or updates about the game, the more I lose interest in it.

Heck, I am actually one of the lucky ones who got a beta key but for some reason I was no longer able to log in. Even after contacting Trendy about it, the issue never got resolved so I kept trying to win a new one to get back in then everything just kinda died down and my chances of winning another key went down the poop shoot.

All we can do is just wait though and hope that Trendy hooks us up with some news soon. If that doesn't happen I will probably just go get addicted to some other game and check back here in a few months. Or maybe I will just randomly pop up from time to time and respond to posts like this. That is always fun :-P

There was a scandle a while back about Trendy which after that they kinda stopped releasing info.

Ahh so the plot thickens. (At least for me sense I am out of the loopp.)

Yeah but the scandal was a while ago. There really hasn't been much at all, not even communications with the community... only taking information via surveys. It isn't a give and take. It's just a take. Yeah they aren't handing out beta codes anymore but they haven't told anyone... or taken down their how to get a beta code thread... or mentioned on facebook that likes won't get you beta codes. They might even reduce they're "beta codez PLEEEEEEEZ." comments by like half if they did. of course there will always be those who are "special" and deserve one for the sole reason that they want one

• 4 weeks later...
allright, so for the past multiple weeks, i have been checking the forums and ect most days, and there has been NOTHING new, and i am wondering, is the game even going to happen? theres been no beta contests, no facebook stuff since the surveys, and i want to know. If there is going to be tons of hype one minute, and none the next, WITHOUT any releases ect... we should at least know... Right?

Dungeon Defenders 2 is absolutely still happening! Keep checking back :)

• 3 weeks later...
Dungeon Defenders 2 is absolutely still happening! Keep checking back :)

Well i sure hope so! but i have yet to see anything sence i have origionally posted this thread!

Well i sure hope so! but i have yet to see anything sence i have origionally posted this thread!
Well do you want everything to be exposed and kill all the hype?

Well do you want everything to be exposed and kill all the hype?

No, but i would like to see some progress in the game, like maybe filling out that hero roster a little...

• 2 weeks later...
A good game sells on its own merits a bad game needs "hype"

hype 1 (hp) Slang
n.
1. Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion: the hype surrounding the murder trial.
2. Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material: "It is pure hype, a gigantic PR job" (Saturday Review).
3. An advertising or promotional ploy: "Some restaurant owners in town are cooking up a $75,000 hype to promote New York as 'Restaurant City, U.S.A.'" (New York).
4. Something deliberately misleading; a deception: "[He] says that there isn't any energy crisis at all, that it's all a hype, to maintain outrageous profits for the oil companies" (Joel Oppenheimer).
tr.v. hyped, hyping, hypes

A good game sells on its own merits a bad game needs "hype"

hype 1 (hp) Slang
n.
1. Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion: the hype surrounding the murder trial.
2. Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material: "It is pure hype, a gigantic PR job" (Saturday Review).
3. An advertising or promotional ploy: "Some restaurant owners in town are cooking up a $75,000 hype to promote New York as 'Restaurant City, U.S.A.'" (New York).
4. Something deliberately misleading; a deception: "[He] says that there isn't any energy crisis at all, that it's all a hype, to maintain outrageous profits for the oil companies" (Joel Oppenheimer).
tr.v. hyped, hyping, hypes

I'm sorry, but i think the gaming version of hype works here, you need to look at the context, the game HAD (i emphasize this because they are now making a huge revamp) almost fully died in interest to me, and many other people, and had it continued like this, I'm not sure if i would have even heard that the game had released! for example (don't judge me) Pokemon x/y has been releasing little tidbits of information every week or so, that is what hype is, it keeps the targeted audience interested! again, i wasn't asking for them to release EVERYTHING about the game, i just wanted something like, "Here's a concept for a new tower we are working on", or "Here's a short little game play video"! Do you understand what I'm saying? (Also, was it really necessary for you to look up the meaning of "Hype" ?)

Of course, this doesn't really matter any more because they are redoing the game, and i am really excited to see how it will turn out

Well, there has been some Big changes to the game. A beta tester would have a little more info, but NDA prevent people mentioning what was said behind closed doors. I was also another Beta Key owner, but I'll try to keep with information that has been publicly revealed.

Before Trendy went silent, The Videos that were last seen where from the MOBA, a Mode that isn't supported anymore. Given that they're keeping the Hero Models from the MOBA are being kept, or used as a basis. The footage of the MOBA used mainly DD1 Mobs. You'll need to Look on sites other than Trendy's own to find it, such as Total Biscuits video.

The MOBA was functional, as it was at PAX as shown by Total Bisquit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKNFV9j9f4

Announcements said MOBA would be released at some point this year, the TD mode early next year, and You'd be able choose from a Rotating set of Free characters and be able purchase the rest to use at ANY time.

There has been Big Changes, the logo has been changed, the MOBA Cancelled, and Management changed at Trendy.

Well, there has been some Big changes to the game. A beta tester would have a little more info, but NDA prevent people mentioning what was said behind closed doors. I was also another Beta Key owner, but I'll try to keep with information that has been publicly revealed.

Before Trendy went silent, The Videos that were last seen where from the MOBA, a Mode that isn't supported anymore. Given that they're keeping the Hero Models from the MOBA are being kept, or used as a basis. The footage of the MOBA used mainly DD1 Mobs. You'll need to Look on sites other than Trendy's own to find it, such as Total Biscuits video.

The MOBA was functional, as it was at PAX as shown by Total Bisquit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKNFV9j9f4

Announcements said MOBA would be released at some point this year, the TD mode early next year, and You'd be able choose from a Rotating set of Free characters and be able purchase the rest to use at ANY time.

There has been Big Changes, the logo has been changed, the MOBA Cancelled, and Management changed at Trendy.

To quote what i said 1 post above you "Of course this doesn't really matter, considering they are redoing the entire game"

I understand what you are saying, however, again, i would like to see little spoilers here and there, and it would defiantly keep some people interested, who might get bored with all of the waiting

Also, I'm jealous that you got that beta key, i signed up a VERY long time ago, and i have yet to get it, i have tried to participate in as many of the giveaways as possible, and still was SOL... :P

[QUOTE=Jdanhyde;937657Also, I'm jealous that you got that beta key, i signed up a VERY long time ago, and i have yet to get it, i have tried to participate in as many of the giveaways as possible, and still was SOL... :P[/QUOTE]

There was at least 1 fully open weekend where you didn't even need a key, all you had to do was register and play.

Who knows what the future holds?

Currently the co-op beta hasn't started, we'll let you know more about how to obtain beta keys when we open the co-op beta. :)