[PC] Lava Bowl: Black Temple Run Event - DELAYED

Unfortunately, Steam has presented technical issues which will not allow us to upload this weeks event map. The original message can be found in the event discussion thread:

http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?102454-Lava-Bowl-Black-Temple-Run-Event-Discussion-Thread&highlight=lava+bowl

I've run into many people in the community events chat who haven't seen this message so I wanted to post it under the "Events" thread in hopes that more people could be made aware.

We will update you once we are able to get the map up and running.

Hang in there! This one is worth waiting for! :)

Is it possible to download the map externally and access it or do you have to have it subscribed via steam for it to be available to play within the game?

Is it possible to download the map externally and access it or do you have to have it subscribed via steam for it to be available to play within the game?

Maps not on the workshop only function locally (Thus the map maker can test a map he/she just updated without waiting for it to update on steam workshop, but in order to play the map online, you must subscribe)

Sorry guys, please understand this is an issue beyond the Event Team's control- It's a Steam/Valve issue. The map is ready, and they'll be able to start the event as soon as Workshop uploading is functional again.

Since its delayed, will i be able to sign up? I was on vacation so i wasnt able to sign up in time.

bamboobear: It does say in the rules that only people that registered will be ran, but lately we have been making an exception. We will still run people that registered late if they show up on the group chat at the time of event.

bamboobear: It does say in the rules that only people that registered will be ran, but lately we have been making an exception. We will still run people that registered late if they show up on the group chat at the time of event.

Ok thanks alot

Part of the Steam update today, maybe opting-in for the Beta will allow uploads to the workshop:

[-] August 8th, 2013 - Steam Client Beta Update - August 8th
We have just updated the beta, with the following changes:

- change Steam to not require a restart when going from offline mode to online mode at login time
- fixed cases where the client could become stuck in Offline Mode
- fixed timeout error uploading or downloading Workshop items to the Steam Cloud

Nexus, is the lava wave controlled by Event Hosts? Cause I loaded the map to make sure it downloaded correctly. I tried it on Hard and got molested by the wave. Destroyed all my towers except Auras and it was like a melee wep with 80000% knockback. D:

The event will start this weekend(already started :p).

But we will probably re-run next weekend for those that couldn't make it(if needed).

Have fun & good luck! :)