GOING ROGUE DUNGEON DASH
We’re kicking off the release of Dungeon Defenders Going Rogue with a single player speedrunning celebration! Defenders new and old get to compete for a top spot on who can take on the hordes of enemies and epic boss fights the fastest. Will you live on the edge and go a glass cannon build, or bulk up to increase your survivability to get to the end? It’s up to you, the only thing that matters is that you go fast!
What Is It?
The Dungeon Dash is a speedrunning competition where players will be competing until April 3rd at 11:59PM ET to get the fastest single player clear time through normal difficulty. There is a $10,000 Prize Pool that is up for grabs, spread out in the following:
- 1st Place: $5000
- 2nd Place: $2500
- 3rd Place: $1000
- 4th Place: $1000
- 5th Place: $500
- 6th - 10th Place Dungeon Defender Mega Package.
We’ll also be awarding a Dungeon Defenders Mega Package to 1st Place to 5th Place as well. The Dungeon Defenders Mega Package includes all of the following for PC:
- Dungeon Defenders and all DLC!
- Dungeon Defenders II - 10,000 Gems!
- Dungeon Defenders Awakened with all DLC!
- Dungeon Defenders Going Rogue for a friend!
How To Enter
First you’ve got to own Dungeon Defenders Going Rogue. Click here to visit the store!
Second, read the terms of service here. All entrants for this competition must be 18 years of age or older.
We’ve got a handy dandy submission form that you can submit to here. The rules for submission must have the following:
- Single Player Normal Difficulty only. Multiplayer and Hard Difficulty clears will be disqualified.
- A Twitch VOD or Youtube video of your playthrough from start to finish.
- In your VOD/Video, you MUST start in the lobby and show your inventory when you finish the run in the video including equipment AND runes.
- We will not be able to validate any run that does not have this at the end.
- Session Timer must ALWAYS be visible.
No breakaways, obscuring your gameplay window, or anything that stops gameplay during your recording.
- If it’s a stream recording and you use a camera or any kind of overlay, try to leave gameplay elements/interactions uncovered. If things are covered, it will be up to Chromatic Games’ discretion on if the run is valid or not.
All submissions will be reviewed and the results will be posted April 5th at 2:00 PM ET.
Consider this a 100% Completion Speedrun without using exploits such as level skipping, debug menus, etc. If you get some insane build that you reliably use that just makes you a machine that’s doubling up on multiple mechanics, that's fine. Outside of the terms of service and submission rules, any form of cheating, manipulation, or exploitation disqualifies you from the competition. We’ll be scrutinizing every run, as well as checking backend information. These, among other, checks ensure that the people receiving rewards are doing so honestly. If you’re asking yourself “is this going to be considered dishonest?”, the answer is most likely going to be “yes”. Don’t cheat.
That said, if you happen to find some insane exploits, feel free to submit them and we’ll provide Dungeon Defender Mega Packages to people who come up with the most unique exploits voted on by us internally. While we want to keep the competition as fair as possible, we’re definitely excited to see how people can break our game, and we’ll potentially show off your footage!
Why A Speedrun?
Something that’s fun with any release is seeing how much people can optimize the gameplay. This also really fits within the roguelite genre, so it just made sense to try and celebrate the release along with an opportunity to make things even more exciting with a prize pool to reward the best of the best! It’s going to be crazy and chaotic with the launch, so we’re looking forward to what people come up with!
To stay up-to-date on the latest news from Chromatic Games and the Dungeon Defenders franchise, follow us on all our social channels: