How to Join the DDA Public Test Realm
We need YOUR help! Starting today, we’re asking for input from Defenders through our own Public Test Realm (PTR) build for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened. The main goal for our PTR tests is to gather player feedback on game updates before releases—we want to make sure each of you feels a part of the development process. You get to try out new content and we get to make sure the new content works as planned by its release. Sounds like a win-win!
First, to update your save if you were in the previous PTR (skip otherwise):
Navigate to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\DDS\Saved\SaveGames
- You can paste that into the top of a file explorer (if you have a C Drive otherwise change the letter)
- Type %localappdata% in windows search bar and hit enter and find the DDS folder from there.
- Delete the save labeled _PTR
- Relaunch the game and you should get an updated version of your live save
The PTR format is a bit different from our past testing system and current live-game action, so we want to break down what this looks like for those who are interested:
- The PTR is only available for PC/Steam Defenders. Those interested in joining the public test realm must own the game on PC.
- You will only be able to choose the Play Online mode. Sorry, no playing offline within playtesting.
- The PTR will not always be available. We keep the build open for specific periods and if you try to join outside those times, it’ll shut down when you try to Play Online. We’ll let you know what these available times are for each testing cycle.
- No changes will be made to your normal saves! (cloud or local) Your data is pulled down from the cloud and stored locally.
- The build includes specific updates, not all of them. We choose specific features and changes that we need feedback on from the relevant updates, but these builds do not include ALL of the new content. We need to keep some of it a surprise! Check out what's in the latest build here.
Now to the important stuff. How do you actually become part of the testing crew? Here’s how:
- Log in to your Steam account.
In your Steam library, right click on Dungeon Defenders: Awakened.
Select “Properties” from the menu that appears.
Once the Properties window opens, click “BETAS”.
In the BETAS window, click the drop-down menu for the “Select the beta you would like to opt into” prompt and choose “recruit - Public Testing Realm”.
Note: If you only see the “None” option from the drop-down menu, you will need to restart Steam.
- Note: If you only see the “None” option from the drop-down menu, you will need to restart Steam.
- Once “recruit - Public Testing Realm” is selected, you can close the window. The test build will begin downloading automatically and you’ll be able to enter the game once the download is complete.
Testers can then provide feedback under the Discord section “DDA - PTR” on the Dungeon Defenders Discord server.
- Join the server: https://discord.com/invite/dd2
- New members will only be able to see the 📌COMMUNITY section. If you are a new member, you’ll need to go to the channel #❗-role-assignment-❗. Then, choose “DDA” at the bottom of the role instructions.
- Once the DDA channels show up in the server, find the section titled “DDA - PTR”. (This will only be visible when a PTR build is active.)
- Read through the #getting-started channel to learn more about the rules and expectations for feedback.
- Give us your feedback in the channel #ptr-bug-reports.
- Please keep in mind that we may not be able to implement your feedback by the release of an update, but we always appreciate your comments and suggestions.
We are SO excited to get this first build out to Defenders today. As an indie studio, feedback from you all is integral to our continued success with Dungeon Defenders: Awakened, and with your help, our upcoming update can be the best one yet.
To stay up-to-date on the latest news from Chromatic Games and the Dungeon Defenders franchise, follow us on all our social channels:
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now