The Dungeon Defenders II update you’ve been patiently waiting for is here for Steam and Xbox (with PS4 releasing after we pass certification)! In our update preview post, we let you, our glorious defenders, in on some of our juicy secrets, but of course we had more up our sleeves. It’s time to throw away those parkas because winter is gone—don’t worry, though. Ol’ Peepers will be there to spread the gift-giving spirit YEAR ROUND. We also fixed a ton of bugs, nipped a bunch of exploits in the bud, and introduced lots of new bundles for heroes and items. Now, let’s get into all the deets!!
Winter is Over
The great thaw has begun and we will finally see an end to the polar vortex that ran amok on the Town Hub of our beloved Defenders. The Winterfest Tree and Father Winter have gone into hiding, the snow has finally melted away, and there appears to be a new character who has taken up residence here.
New Daily Login Rewards and Ol’ Peepers
Ol’ Peepers is a long-time friend of the Etherians and is finally ready to venture into the urban lifestyle this update. He’ll be delivering daily gifts and consumables for the low low price of 1000g to the good Defenders visiting the Town Hub ALL YEAR LONG. Along with the gifts you all normally expect to see when you log in daily, Ol’ Peepers will also have a chance to drop Carnival consumables. What kinds of Carnival consumables, you may ask? Check them out:
Trust me Disguise
- Gives the player the ability to deal 1.25x more damage for a limited time.
Lucky Bunny Mask
- Gives the player the ability to jump 1.5x higher for a limited time.
- Gives the player the ability to spawn cat projectiles for a limited time.
- Gives the player the ability to go 1.25x faster for a limited time.
- Gives the player 25% extra damage resistance for a limited time.
Introducing Two New Shards and a New Pet
Keep an eye out for the Lava Warrior Shard and the Boosted Beam Shard, newly added to the game. The Lava Warrior shard generates additional lava charges on successful melee attacks, bolstering the abilities of our Lavamancer. While the Boosted Beam Shard will increase the damage boost given by the Buff Beam, an exciting addition to EV-2’s arsenal.
Also, hidden among the loot of the Wyvern Den Prime Incursion is a Crystalline Betsy!
Let’s get pumped for some ridiculously awesome hero bundles! We felt our current offerings didn’t meet all defenders’ needs, so we went back to the drawing board and came up with a more player-focused approach to bundling that will get you more bang for your gems. Have you ever wished for the Dryad to magically pop into your hero inventory, or had your younger sibling spend all your gems behind your back without adding the must-have Gunwitch? Well, you’re in luck because our All Heroes Bundle will get you both the Dryad AND the Gunwitch AND so much more.
If you’re adding new heroes to your plate, you’ll definitely need some skins to customize your vibe. There are several new hero skin bundles to choose from now, including “Heating Up” with Molten skins and “Out of This World” with Galaxy skins. Here is the full list of new bundles:
All Heroes Bundle
- Contains the Abyss Lord, EV2, Gunwitch, Lavamancer, Mystic, Dryad, Initiate, Adept, Barbarian.
- Available for 3,200 gems for a limited time.
Hero Skin Bundles
Legendary Guardian Supporter
- Contains Guardian of Fire Huntress, Guardian of the Molten Citadel Squire, Guardian of the Dead Apprentice, Guardian of the Storm Monk.
- Contains EV2 Mark 3, Techwitch Gunwitch, and Cybermancer Lavamancer costumes.
- Contains the Molten Master Abyss Lord, Molten Juggernaut Lavamancer, and Doomfire Regalia Adept costumes.
Out of This World
- Contains Galaxy Apprentice, Galaxy Squire, Galaxy Huntress, Galaxy Monk costumes.
Very Far Away
- Contains Dark Disciple Squire, Arcanatrooper Apprentice, Galactic Assassin Huntress, and Dark Shawl Monk costumes.
New Tower Skins
You asked for more tower skins, and we’re delivering with this Hypno Tower Skin bundle! We teased these on our social page yesterday and they’re now ready for defending. Look how perrrrrty they are (pic below) - how could you NOT grab these, like, right now? The bundle will include skins for all towers and defenses, so no excuses allowed.
We know defenders are yearning for more tower skins. Rest assured, we’re experimenting with other fun looks and hope to keep the good vibes going with more new tower skins in the future.
The addition of the Shard Shop was such a huge success that we wanted to bring even more player-requested bundles to this space. Introducing brand-spanking-new bundles for the most in-demand shards in Etheria! Which bundle are you most excited to grab first?! That’s a serious question—we can’t decide which one to grab first for ourselves.
Starter Defense Shard Bundle
- 5 Destruction, 5 Fortification, and 5 Defensive Critical Damage Shards
Advanced Defense Shard Bundle
- 5 Deadly Strikes, 5 Defense Rate, and 5 Defensive Critical Strike Shards
Starter Hero Shard Bundle
- 4 Speed Boost, 4 Construction, 4 Worm Scarf, and 4 Bulwark Shards
Advanced Hero Shard Bundle
- 4 Critical Strike, 4 Inspiration, 4 Channel, and 4 Jackpot Shards
Golden Destruction Bundle
- 11 Destruction Shards + 300,000g
Golden Fortified Bundle
- 11 Fortification Shards + 300,000g
Golden Damage Bundle
- 11 Defensive Critical Damage Shards + 300,000g
Golden Speed Bundle
- 11 Defense Rate Shards + 300,000g
Persistent Tower Option
The excitement is real with this new quality of life update. With the Persistent Tower option, you can summon, upgrade, and sell towers by only activating each button once! We tested this out in Dungeon Defenders: Awakened and it’s been a huge success with the community. It was kind of a no-brainer for us to add it to DD2, as well. Can’t wait to hear how much you all love it!
This option will be on by default, but for those players who want to maintain the original tower placement/upgrade/sell experience, there is a menu option in Options under Gameplay called “Persistent Tower Interaction” that you can uncheck.
We love hearing from the community about the good AND the not-so-good because it helps us make Etheria as enjoyable as possible for as many defenders as possible. With this, we’ve been listening to your feedback and fixed a bunch of bugs and issues reported by our dedicated defenders, and added in some fun elemental combinations to keep the game new and exciting for defenders of all levels. We also toned a few things down that were a bit too strong from overwhelming player feedback.
- The Draken Lord no longer appears in Onslaught.
- Damage has been reduced by 23%.
- Damage reduced by 16%.
Is now “Stunning Revelations”
- Now deals Magical Damage instead of Storm Damage.
- Damage has been increased by 200%.
- Now stuns for 2 seconds.
- You can now include servos while using this mod.
- Is now “Stunning Revelations”
- “Anti-” Mods
- Damage reduced by 75%.
Is now Multiplicative instead of Additive.
- Draining Strikes
- Pet damage now scales off Gear Score.
Rebalanced ALL pets!
- Upgrades have been buffed.
NEW Crystalline Betsy Pet!
- Can be found in The Wyvern Den Prime Incursion
Fire and Oil Elemental Combo
- Now melts enemy armor, increasing the damage they take from all sources by 25%
Ice and Earth Elemental Combos
- No longer require crushing damage.
- Hitting a frozen enemy with earth damage increases the earth damage dealt and also stuns them for 2.5 seconds
- Damage increased by 200%.
- Reduced the animation to have higher damage uptime.
- Hailstorm Tower
- Base healing value reduced by 50%.
- Siphon Stance
- Reduced the animation to have higher damage uptime.
- Increased the number of hornets on a single enemy to 6 from 3.
- Harpy Tower
- Piercing Shot Cast animation time reduced by 35%.
- Reduced damage dropoff by 35%.
- Radius increased to 800 from 400.
- Explosive Trap
- Damage radius updated to reflect Geyser Trap buff.
- Explosive Surprise
NEW Lava Warrior Shard
- Lava Warrior Shard generates lava charges on successful melee attacks.
- NEW Lava Warrior Shard
- Increased the collision radius by 100%.
- Damage done reduced by 80%.
- DU cost per node is now 10.
- Buff Beam
NEW Boosted Beam Shard!
- Increases the damage boost by the Buff Beam.
- NEW Boosted Beam Shard!
- Damage increased by 81% and now scales off of armor.
- Unholy Fire
- We have fixed several game-breaking exploits to make the DD2 world a better place. Like a lot of them. Like building way more than you should, getting too many hyper shards, upgrading exploits, and more.
- Fixed an issue where Grave Infection and Frostfire Remnants were stacking.
- Fixed an issue where players could kill other players in Hubs.
- Fixed an issue where locked mods could be moved to other weapons.
- Removed Gilding for Hyper Shards.
- Fixed an issue where Grave Infection was dealing too much damage and dealing a second set of 1 damage ticks.
- Fixed an issue where the Shackled mod did not work on normal Assassins.
- Fixed a bug where the Geyser trap’s VFX was not scaling properly.
- Fixed an issue where Ancient Power no longer resets Hyper Shard progression.
- Fixed an issue where defenders could not play Floor 480.
- Fixed an issue where Harpy Tower would continue to fire after being stunned.
- Fixed a collision issue with Material Conversion Vendor.
- Fixed Ascension Monk’s Boost percentage.
- Fixed an issue where Oil Geysers were slowing Friendly players.
- Fixed an issue with the shard shop persisting tooltips when the page changes.
- Fixed a performance issue when using items with passives.
To stay up-to-date on the latest news from Chromatic Games and the Dungeon Defenders franchise, follow us on all our social channels: