News

Sign in to follow this  
  • entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Dungeon Defenders II Development Update!

[CG] LAWLTA

DEFENDERS,

We’re bringing you some news of a game that you may not have seen us post in a little while about. That game is… DUNGEON DEFENDERS II.  That’s right, we’ve got some development going on for DD2 that we’re excited to share with you. Some of the stuff you’ll see in the short term, some stuff in the long term, and along the way we’ll be getting your input to help us out.  Let’s get into it!

Content

First things first, the Etherian Polar Vortex has ended and you’ll soon have access to a snowless Tavern and Town Hub. Now you may be asking “WHAT ABOUT THE GIFTING TREE!?!?!?!”. Well never fear, we’re adding in a new feller — enter: Ol’ Peepers.

image.png

Ol’ Peepers is a gracious old kook who will grant players a daily login gift. We’ll go into more of what his gift contains, as it’s been adjusted to be more focused on gameplay with some cosmetic pieces here and there.

Player Friendly Pricing

We’re introducing a slew of bundles for players looking to support DD2 through the shop, and we’re experimenting with bundles that are focused on being very fair to you, our GLORIOUS Defenders. This means hero bundles, costume bundles, and even a new tower skin bundle that has tower skins new to the next update!

Balance

We’ve taken a nice pass to get some buffs going to really focus on the gameplay. Some things that were rate capped due to animations? NO MORE! Oh, and give a hearty “welcome back” to the shocking revelations (now named Stunning Revelations) and water mod combo, now with 100% more balance but 1000% more fun than it currently is. Also something about pets getting buffed, who knows... maybe it's a rumor, probably not.

FEEDBACK

Last but not least, we want to hear about what your favorite things are and what your thoughts are. Fill out this survey to let us know and really help us in future development, and by completing the survey be entered for a chance to win a FREE costume of your choice. Retweet the survey (link here) for an additional chance to win!

Bug Fixes

A TON of them, including a lot of fixes for exploits and unintended bugaboos that have plagued the heroes of Etheria. Nothing to write about just quite yet, but we got out the swatter and squished a ton of those lousy bugs.

On The Horizon

There’s a lot of stuff that we want to do, and as mentioned, your feedback will be more helpful. We’re wanting to add all sorts of new challenges, maps, shards, mods, characters, and more for you to overcome, explore, and master respectively (some of those words could be mixed and matched and still make sense).

Social Defenders

To stay up-to-date on the latest news from Chromatic Games and the Dungeon Defenders franchise, follow us on all our social channels:

For Etheria!
Chromatic Games

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

21 Comments

Recommended Comments

It is very nice that DD2 will get another update after so long :)

• Like 2

Share this comment

Oh boy it's been a while since I've been on here, why is my profile picture shrek? Doesn't matter. I'm excited. RIP 2019 Christmas 2019-2021

• Haha 3

Share this comment

Finally some hype! I hope the buffs are to bring some variety to the meta!

• Like 1

Share this comment

After such a long DD2 drought, this is incredibly exciting news. I can't wait! 

I'm very curious about the shocking rev mod change (fun for who exactly?), and the pet buff. A new tower skin? Awesome. Permanent gifts with no tree? Brilliant move CG. Rate caps removed? Hell yeah!

And looking forward- more maps, shards, mods...OMG yes please. Will Man & Machine finally arrive? Or the Prisoner with her ball and chain? 

And just because i got to- shark pet! Just saying. Redesign it so no exclusive issue. SHARK PET!!!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Finally finally, upgrades to my best game in a long time have not happened! Nice news and we expect the developers better than that. Greetings to you

Share this comment

Just add more new DLC on steam, Ill buy it all. And please do something with Protean and Seaworthy weapon pack on gem shop, I wasted 5k gems for that and it useless and wasted my bank slot (add weapon costume). I'm so happy that you guy update DD2. Cheer. (My english is not really good, please don't mad at me xD)

Share this comment

Fantastic news! Curious to see how onslaught difficulty is impacted by the rate change...

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Jabberwock said:

Oh boy it's been a while since I've been on here, why is my profile picture shrek? Doesn't matter. I'm excited. RIP 2019 Christmas 2019-2021

Rip the 2 years of Christmas

Share this comment

Oh Yeeeaaaaah! The waiting has finally paid off!

Really and absolutely looking toward these new stuffs! New heroes, maps, shard, mods and even tower skins, something that I've waiting for years! Damn! Also, a normal hub!? I can finally screenshot those costumes in normal lighting!

While I wasn't around during his time, it's good to see Ol' Peepers being back! Could this be a slight hint on Dragonfall Carnival returning?

Man, I really appreciate this, CG!

22 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

And just because i got to- shark pet! Just saying. Redesign it so no exclusive issue. SHARK PET!!!

I've been digging around DD2 concept in google images - And I've found a certain blue shark pet that probably seems to be done, rigging and all. All CG now needs to to is to implement them in-game! :Sharkman_insane:

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Jabberwock said:

We never tire of Shrek.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I've been digging around DD2 concept in google images - And I've found a certain blue shark pet that probably seems to be done, rigging and all. All CG now needs to to is to implement them in-game! :Sharkman_insane:

Yeah, but it's an Xbox exclusive pet, so they can't use it on other consoles. 😥  That's why i got to beg for a redesign... 

Great find though! Man i wish i could get that one. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Good Stuff we still have a pretty good community on Ps4 just beware the eating of the Sourdough Toe conversations.......

• Haha 1

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Yeah, but it's an Xbox exclusive pet, so they can't use it on other consoles. 😥  That's why i got to beg for a redesign... 

Great find though! Man i wish i could get that one. 

Interesting, I thought what made the Megadon exclusive was its green color as that signifies the Xbox branding. Though yeah, since I have no idea what actually transpired on the exclusivity deal between TE and Microsoft at that time, I guess it's possible that the pet model in its entirety could have been handed as part of the deal. If this is so, yeah, maybe we do need a redesign.

The road to a complete shark set continues!

EDIT - I've asked on the stream for more clarity on this and turns out CG doesn't want to try blur/skirt the lines of the exclusivity with recolors or a slight model change and end up being rude to their partners which is absolutely understandable. Lawlta said he mentioned this back then and I guess I failed to fully understand what that means.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Yup, but won't stop me from begging for it to be added! You're spot on - i want the complete shark outfit. Great job digging up info. You rock!

At one point, i asked them to make the Orca (ship from Jaws) with the yellow floating things. I thought that would pair well with the shark theme LOL

• Like 1

Share this comment

5 hours ago, uzar said:

Good Stuff we still have a pretty good community on Ps4 just beware the eating of the Sourdough Toe conversations.......

Huh, i spent time in Alaska and Dawson City, and I've taken the Sourtoe challenge...if that is what you were referencing. Severed human toes in your drink! Great fun that was. 

• Haha 1

Share this comment

At one point, i asked them to make the Orca (ship from Jaws) with the yellow floating things. I thought that would pair well with the shark theme LOL

Hahaha! That's fun and wacky choice for a pet! I don't think I would've thought of that! 

• Like 1

Share this comment

22 hours ago, [CG] Brittani said:

We never tire of Shrek.

Is this confirmation of a pet shrek? Or a Shrek boss?! :o

Share this comment

it would be great if the system to go up after a reset was simplified, even if it eliminated the souls of 1/3 and 4/6, leaving them all just one type would help a lot especially for those who have little space in the inventory and would facilitate the system that it is already very stressful.

another point that is something that always makes me raise several questions is the Onslaught having on the floor 49 the incursion drakenfrost keep, which is a map that requires a very specific system to do solo that takes a giant time to obtain or have other people very strong able to get there to help (not yet sure of a victory), the removal of the map in this game mode is something that has to be done.

other than that, I am happy that the game has not been abandoned, it is a game with enormous potential. Games like skydome and LegionTD2 are there to show that a pvp tower defense can work, who knows we may not see it in the future of DD2 or another game in the franchise.

Share this comment

good news !

i m sure they are working on dd3, new maps now on dd2 would be curious

i m ready to buy my ps5 for dd3 ;)

Share this comment

So if I understand this right.. DD2 is adding more new and exciting content, while DDA (that was promised to provide new content) does not even have the *repeat* content from DD1 implemented? Summoner still isn’t in game... Having backed DDA on kick starter under the premise that it was going to be a “new game”, I feel as though many of us have been scammed. 

this news for DD2 is a MASSIVE slap to the face for anyone who backed DDA on Kickstarter. This has to be a joke. 

Share this comment