Jump to content

News

Sign in to follow this  
  • entries
    579
  • comments
    24,087
  • views
    148,129

Contributors to this blog

CG New Community Manager

[CG] Brittani

2,393 views

Hi Everyone! My name is Brittani Sahm - the brand new Community Manager for Chromatic Games, and your personal insider to all the things going on in the studio. 

Who am I? Before finding my way to CG, I was (and still am) a professor of public relations. My favorite part of teaching has always been learning about and talking with students, and I’m looking forward to reaching even more people through the many DD communities I’ll be in contact with as your Community Manager!

I am a hit-the-ground-running kind of person, so the first thing I want to do in this role is learn as much as possible about all of YOU. The more I get to know each one of you, the better I can be in this role. There is a survey linked at the bottom of this post that brings up some of these questions: What are your favorite aspects of DDA? What are your favorite platforms for communicating with the devs? How many bad jokes can I reasonably make you listen to during my streams? (That is serious - Studies have shown that my jokes land 60% of the time, all the time.)

I am a people person, and I will take my role as a representative for CG and the community seriously because I care about, well, people!

I’ll share a bit more about my personal life, too. This may be obvious, but I am a gamer myself. If you look through my Steam or Switch libraries, you’ll find plenty of casual RPGs and simulation types of games (exactly what you’re thinking - Animal Crossing is in there), and my first gaming experiences involved playing anything Mario-related on Super Nintendo with my family. I love the nostalgic feeling I get when revisiting SNES Yoshi’s Island on my Switch now. All of this started with my parents’ love for video games that was passed down to me and my siblings - we grew up with my mom bragging about her sick Ms. Pac-Man skills from her arcade-playing days (she still likes to brag when she has a chance), and my dad making sure we had access to all the new consoles (we still have an Atari locked up somewhere).

Because I’m a gamer, I understand the importance of knowing what’s going on with my favorite games and studios and feeling like I’m heard if I have a question or issue. I like talking to people, so this is something I’m quite passionate about. That is my strength as a professor, and that will be my strength as CG’s Community Manager.

I could talk about myself for longer than you are probably willing to read, so I’ll stop for now and open the conversation up to you. What do you want to know about me?

I’m looking forward to learning more about and engaging with this great community! 
(On that note - If you have a few minutes to spare, please fill out the survey below. It would be a huge help for me to get to know more about the awesome Dungeon Defenders community.)

Dungeon Defenders Player Survey
 

  • Like 12
  • Sad 1


23 Comments


Recommended Comments

Welcome to Etheria Brittani! Here we have cookies, more gobus than we can count, and a lot of friendly chatter! Nice Pusheen cat by the way :D 

  • Like 2

Share this comment


Link to comment

Welcome to the team Brittani! We've gone without a CM for a while so I look forward to interact with you and to see all the wonderful things you do for the community!

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Mea Culpa said:

Welcome to Etheria Brittani! Here we have cookies, more gobus than we can count, and a lot of friendly chatter! Nice Pusheen cat by the way :D 

I'm happy to enter any space that welcomes me with cookies! And Pusheen is my spirit animal :classic_biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Minishadow said:

Welcome to the team Brittani! We've gone without a CM for a while so I look forward to interact with you and to see all the wonderful things you do for the community!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to get to know all you wild Etherians. 

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Welcome to the community, @[CG] Brittani. I have stints of inactivity, but I've been a big fan of the DD series for years now. Sadly working upwards of 72-80 hours per week keeps me from dumping too much time into games nowadays. 

That said, one thing I have liked about being around here is the community and general communication. Easily one of the most important things in my opinion. 

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Welcome to the community! I'm sure you'll find this community to be super nice and welcoming! 

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Welcome Brittany! I have a quick question.  Is there a way to transfer my switch pre-order to ps4 since it's been delayed so long?  Either that or a refund so I can repurchase on a different console

Share this comment


Link to comment

Welcome to the community Brittani! Happy to see an advocate for us players again. As a former community manager myself, i have a special appreciation for your role and what it entails. I'm happy to chat with you anytime!

  • Like 3

Share this comment


Link to comment

Welcome to the community, long time player here and I have been playing since the original DD1, not this game though it doesn’t have the magic of DD1. Now that is out of the way, what the hell is Chromatic even doing? 

You prioritise updates which you think are best for the game, but really aren’t. Nothing of what is coming has me interested in returning to the game as of yet. No new characters, maps or gameplay additions. Why the hell would I play rift mode when it’s more of the same content?

 I understand you need to stick to a timeline to get this game in ship shape for consoles and backers, but after that is all said and done I would like to see something of true substance released. Release new characters, Summoner for one and the cousins, hell throw the Dryad back in from DD2 . New maps need to implemented, bring back some other shard maps we loved like Aquanos. I also miss the Challenge and event maps that made you want to grind for something worth while.

 Lastly Chromatic should be embarrassed to release a game with even less content than DDE launched with. 

Anyway you can see this as constructive criticism or not and you can choose to ignore it if you want.

Enjoy your stay here and I will disappearing into the shadows until something of interest is released. 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Welcome!  Sorry the place is a bit of a mess right now.  The community is quite passionate, which can be overwhelming when problems happen with development, but ultimately they are friendly and understanding.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
22 hours ago, robb904 said:

Welcome Brittany! I have a quick question.  Is there a way to transfer my switch pre-order to ps4 since it's been delayed so long?  Either that or a refund so I can repurchase on a different console

Hello and thank you for the welcome! We'd be happy to help you transfer your pre-order. Send us an email with the request at support@chromatic.games and it'll be taken care of :classic_smile:

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, [CG] Brittani said:

Hello and thank you for the welcome! We'd be happy to help you transfer your pre-order. Send us an email with the request at support@chromatic.games and it'll be taken care of :classic_smile:

Thank you! 

Share this comment


Link to comment
4 hours ago, Batophobia said:

Welcome!  Sorry the place is a bit of a mess right now.  The community is quite passionate, which can be overwhelming when problems happen with development, but ultimately they are friendly and understanding.

I love that passion - I get it! We all have that *thing* we feel strongly about. My general rule is I appreciate feedback when I can get it. It's the fastest way for me as a CM - and CG as a company - to keep moving forward. Passion is communicated in different ways, and I'm happy to learn from and be on this ride with the community!

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Welcome to the community :) I hope you are doing well in these annoying times.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Why haven't you banned the players? In DD2 you have banned many players because of game bugs

Share this comment


Link to comment

Hello and welcome. We wish you success in your new role. 

While DDA is the current CG focus, DD2 is very much still alive. I am excited to see any energy spent on resurrecting the DD2 forum, as that has been on life support for over a year. It's needs some direction and effort. Meme challenges, surveys, guides, contests and giveaways, random questions, and some just good natuted goofiness. DD2 is far from dead, so it's forum should reflect that. 

Some things to know about the DD community. We are passionate and loyal to the franchise. We appreciate news and honesty about timelines. We are always desperate for new content and guides on how to play the game better. We are always looking for an excuse to play DD more- so give us one. We are happy to help in those efforts, like the wiki pages. We want DD to succeed, so that there will be more. 

Good luck. I'm excited to see what you can do. 

  • Like 3

Share this comment


Link to comment

Greetings and welcome to the community and the forums. I'd certainly hope this could mark the return of the forums being a very fun place to be like in 2018 (with Lawlta's tenure as the CM back then)

And I'd definitely second Jaws on having any energy spent on DD2's aspects of the forums with fun activities too. With the possibility of CG looking into all aspects of the franchise this year (hopefully), it would be nice to see it being celebrated in the forums too, and not just in Discord.

As for the community, yeah, I think both Jaws and Batophobia sums it up very nicely. Couldn't have said it any better. 

  • Like 2

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 1/23/2021 at 5:29 AM, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

Greetings and welcome to the community and the forums. I'd certainly hope this could mark the return of the forums being a very fun place to be like in 2018 (with Lawlta's tenure as the CM back then)

And I'd definitely second Jaws on having any energy spent on DD2's aspects of the forums with fun activities too. With the possibility of CG looking into all aspects of the franchise this year (hopefully), it would be nice to see it being celebrated in the forums too, and not just in Discord.

As for the community, yeah, I think both Jaws and Batophobia sums it up very nicely. Couldn't have said it any better. 

Thanks for the welcome! While Lawlta's CM work is tough to live up to, I'll try my best to be active, honest, and fun for this great community. 

  • Like 3

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 1/22/2021 at 5:14 PM, Jaws_420 said:

Hello and welcome. We wish you success in your new role. 

While DDA is the current CG focus, DD2 is very much still alive. I am excited to see any energy spent on resurrecting the DD2 forum, as that has been on life support for over a year. It's needs some direction and effort. Meme challenges, surveys, guides, contests and giveaways, random questions, and some just good natuted goofiness. DD2 is far from dead, so it's forum should reflect that. 

Some things to know about the DD community. We are passionate and loyal to the franchise. We appreciate news and honesty about timelines. We are always desperate for new content and guides on how to play the game better. We are always looking for an excuse to play DD more- so give us one. We are happy to help in those efforts, like the wiki pages. We want DD to succeed, so that there will be more. 

Good luck. I'm excited to see what you can do. 

Hello Jaws! While much of our focus is on DDA right now, as the CM I'm able to invest time in all of our communities (that includes DD1 and DD2). I'll keep these ideas in mind as I plan content for all our platforms moving forward. I appreciate the passion I've seen from the DD community in my short time with Chromatic, and my goal is to foster that passion as much as possible. See you around :classic_smile:

  • Like 3

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 1/22/2021 at 12:57 PM, xaturno said:

Why haven't you banned the players? In DD2 you have banned many players because of game bugs

Hi xaturno, if you see any issues with specific players or bugs in the game, please report them in our Discord server or send an email to support@chromatic.games. You'll be able to reach the studio directly using either of those resources!

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment

The survey link is not available anymore. But welcome!

Oh, and btw, many players are still playing DD1 so I don’t really have much to talk about DDA because I really like DD1!

Edited by MissHelenGD

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...