News

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Open Alpha and Ascension Update

I_PASS_BUTTER

Greetings, Defenders! Lots of exciting changes are coming to Dungeon Defenders II. Get ready.

On October 13th, the Steam version is entering Open Alpha! This is when the game will be free for anyone to join in the Early Access period. To this point, the feedback from our Early Access players have led to major changes to core features, and we’re excited to extend this opportunity to everyone. Players who join in during Open Alpha and beyond will not receive the currency or exclusive goodies unless they purchase one of the packs on Steam. When we move into Open Alpha, there will be no more full wipes, but we may still have limited resets/rerolls depending on what we add or change to the game.

But before Open Alpha happens, we’re releasing our next major update:  Ascension! (Current tagline:  “Ascend to even greater heights of power, courage, awesomeness and friendship!” ...we’re still working on it.)

This update will release in two parts. The first part releases on October 7th, and the second part tentatively releases on October 27th. Part One contains:

• Experimental bigger towers and clustering changes

• New ranged/melee weapon variety

• Stat Allocation System:  choose where you put stat points when you level up!

• A new Huntress build

• New costumes

• Enemy rebalancing and more!

Part Two contains:

• Two new maps!

• A new Incursion

• New minibosses

• Four new hero builds

• New spooky costumes and more!

To see the Ascension update in action, check out today’s Devstream below.

44 Comments

Recommended Comments

legacy gear really needs a reroll. frosty power on legacy is SIGNIFICANTLY better than current values

im impressed u changed my whole thought on this game once again from negative to positive with this patch i will be back the first ascension patch im excited for once on this game im happy u are bringing back the dd1 projectile multiplyer its really gna make hero killing much easier and better making the game more of towers and heros working togther now im amused and impressed you have my vote on great game development hand down amazing work trendy keep that type of work coming! :D <3

@georgie quote:

trendy should at least update the time if theres gona be delay. unless they gona troll

They did in the Game client but i agree, it should not have been 90min before.

In response to georgie

@Feralsouldriver quote:

what do i do withDD2 Closed Alpha Steam Key?

redeem the key on steam 

UNDER THE GAMES TAB > ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM > PASTE KEY 

CLICK GAME > INSTALL

LAUNCH THE GAME WHEN OCT 13 alpha begin

woops u can start now actually

In response to Feralsouldriver

@GuardianXBlade quote:

Hey devs,

Can you guys please make it hard to obtain loot and good loot because a lot of us want a challenge to get good gear and you guys just shower us in loot.

Thank you.

if people want to play a farming simulator, they would play diablo 3

In response to GuardianXBlade

Could you please say tomorrow whith which Builds Nm4 now is possible. And it should be (WITH ALL!) You dont need so many towers on a char and can't use them -.-