News

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Alpha & Beyond Patch Preview

iamisom

Lots of great words start with A. My favorite can’t be posted here without getting fired. My second favorite is anteater because it’s hilariously to-the-point. Somewhere down the list is another great word -- Alpha.

Dungeon Defenders II is going into Closed Anteater, no, wait, Closed Alpha on Thursday! Prepare to stick your two-foot tongue into a hill of delicious new content, balance changes and more. Use your beady eyes to watch our new intro cinematic! Steel your four wobbly legs to re-enter our improved Nightmare Mode! Ditch your furry hide and find some new costumes in the Costume Shop! The Alpha & Beyond update will have all of this and more, so come back here on Thursday for the full patch notes.

With this update, we get one step closer to Open Alpha when the game is open to everyone. If you’re eager to play the game before the Open Alpha and still get a good value, we’re adding a cheaper version of DD2 to Steam on Thursday!

Starter Pack (New $14.99 Version):

• Access to Alpha (and all of the delicious Alpha ants!)

• 2000 Gems

• Four Steam-exclusive Hero Accessories

Defenders Pack ($24.99 Version, renamed from Dungeon Defenders II): 

• Access to Alpha (and its crunchy ant delights!)

• 3000 Gems

• Four Steam-exclusive Hero Accessories

• Two Extra Hero Slots

Both packages start with four premium inventory bags. For the full timeline on our Road to Free to Play, check out this blog!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback so far. Together, we’ll continue making the best Action Tower Defense game possible!

24 Comments

Recommended Comments

And now all I can think about is how much I want to have anteater hats for my characters.  Make this happen Trendy!

just curious. in the notes it says 4 premium bags to the purchasers of the 24.99 edition. will those of us that already purchased this edition see any of the these bags retroactively? :D currently i feel like i have to spend all the premium currency I got from being an early purchaser on bags for more inventory space. (i purchased after the other promotion that gave 7 bags) :( not going to flame if the devs say no, but it would be nice!

@Alzais quote:

just curious. in the notes it says 4 premium bags to the purchasers of the 24.99 edition. will those of us that already purchased this edition see any of the these bags retroactively? :D currently i feel like i have to spend all the premium currency I got from being an early purchaser on bags for more inventory space. (i purchased after the other promotion that gave 7 bags) :( not going to flame if the devs say no, but it would be nice!

Sorry for the confusion, all packages will start with four premium inventory bags like the current one available on Steam. I've edited the language to clarify this.

In response to Alzais

[[14,users]] [[4370,users]] What the thought about scavenger... why we have to pickup everything? What should we do in onslaught runs were after 3-5 waves everything usefull (=legendaries) will get buried by tons of useless (whites, greens and blues)? I think as i and some other players posted already in the forum is a bit of missdevelopment or not? i Hope you think about this until the release 3rd September and maybe ninjafix is before the alpha release!

I feel the early supporters/collectors edition persons should get more swag. Just saying :)

I just feel the collectors skins are not so unique or amazing to warrant using them, maybe thats just me.

I don't get it, you removed the Hero Manager to streamline it into the menu, you added a key to be pressed so you don't even have to go to the Defender's Forge. Yet you removed the Temporary Item Box so you specifically have to go to the Tavern and talk to someone just to do the same job? Do you even still get the money from this? This seems like a really backwards step.

@Faysumi quote:

I don't get it, you removed the Hero Manager to streamline it into the menu, you added a key to be pressed so you don't even have to go to the Defender's Forge. Yet you removed the Temporary Item Box so you specifically have to go to the Tavern and talk to someone just to do the same job? Do you even still get the money from this? This seems like a really backwards step.

Yeah. i don't get this either. you streamlined us being able to not have to walk to the forge every time we wanted to customize our hero. but then you remove being able to check out the temporary inventory bag from our previous games so we can't sort when some *** is taking too long to ready up

In response to Faysumi

Hi mates,

It's already 5.09 P.M in here.

I'm french.

When will you put patch live?

I hope you won t wait this evening because of 1or 2 h maintenance with it... will be to late to test it...

Like many here I'd like to know when is this going live? Along with alot of european players we are getting a little disappointed that you've not released this update between the two timezones (EST and GMT). Espicially since we've been waiting all day just to get some info about a release hour. Anyway I hope that you guys will consider this next time you release a patch, so we the european player can get to enjoy the patch the same day :) Anyway we wish you a successful launch and all the best!

- All your EU friends and fans