News

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

Steam Early Access Available Now

iamisom

Dungeon Defenders II is available now on Steam Early Access! Get it here!

We can’t wait to dive into all of your new feedback. After you’ve played, please let us know what you think on our forums! And remember, after you’ve played, use your Influence Points to vote on the upcoming Daily Mission system here. If you didn’t catch our forum post about Influence and what it is, check it out on this thread. We’ll be posting more about this system (and possibly re-posting that thread!) to this blog as we continue development on it.

If you aren’t still busy playing Dungeon Defenders II later tonight, be sure to tune into The Game Awards tonight at 9 PM EST for a special announcement! 

43 Comments

Recommended Comments

So I bought the Defense Council alpha back in October. Now that the game is on my account, I can't buy into the early access. I see that the defense council will get the embellishment set, but will we get the $30 currency? Sucks that we're locked out of buying the currency at a reduced cost for already owning the game if that is the case.

Edit: Scratch that... just found https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/114704/full-details-of-steamcouncil-packs

For Defense Council Co-Op Pack purchasers, is that the people who bought the $70 pack back in Oct?  If so does that essentially mean we don't need to buy the Collector's Edition to get all the exclusive bonuses from that?  (But may still be inclined to buy it for the buttload of discounted currency!)

so i just bought Collector's Edition Upgrade and i already bought defense council in October

so i will get this? and, when official release launch, how to claim all this bonus?

or i just do it wrong? because when i check Dundef II DLC "There is no downloadable content available for this game"

Defense Council + Upgrade Pack purchasers

Game

$140 In-Game Currency

4 Steam-Exclusive Hero Embellishments

4 Council-Exclusive Hero Embellishments

4 Steam-Exclusive Hero Skins

4 Tower Skins

Pack-Exclusive Title

Pack-Exclusive Tavern Decoration

Council-Exclusive Tavern Decoration

Council-Exclusive Title

Name in the Credits

Bought 2 copies of the game - 1 for a friend, game won't even open for me. I meet the minimum specs on the store page, just crashes back to desktop after clicking on launch game instantly. Enjoy your free $20, I've told the other 10+ people on my friend's list on the fence about buying early not to bother. EDIT - Link to my steam review about it, showing the specs used before I get anyone going on about "upgrade your pc and stop complaining" http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadow-stride/recommended/236110/

Does anyone else have a problem with the "its going to be completly f2p and than they put it in early access for atleast a year... seriously. if you want to sell your game just ***ing sell it.

[[53992,users]] quote:

Bought 2 copies of the game - 1 for a friend, game won't even open for me. I meet the minimum specs on the store page, just crashes back to desktop after clicking on launch game instantly. Enjoy your free $20, I've told the other 10+ people on my friend's list on the fence about buying early not to bother. EDIT - Link to my steam review about it, showing the specs used before I get anyone going on about "upgrade your pc and stop complaining" http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadow-stride/recommended/236110/

Do you have direct X and the rest of the necessary programs properly working? Have you tried verifying Steam game's cache? Have you tried reinstalling the game? Those are the top solutions for almost all launch problems with DD2

In response to Shaddrowe

[[34814,users]] quote:

I got the councilor back months ago but want to get collectors / co op back so my friend could play as well or do I just have to get him his own defender pack.

I want the collectors which I thought was co op so I can have an Real life friend join.

Is that not how it works?

The collectors pack doesn't come with an extra key, it is different from the co-op pack. It simply has the goodies

In response to wallewallewalle

[[60316,users]] quote:

so i just bought Collector's Edition Upgrade and i already bought defense council in October

so i will get this? and, when official release launch, how to claim all this bonus?

or i just do it wrong? because when i check Dundef II DLC "There is no downloadable content available for this game"

Defense Council + Upgrade Pack purchasers

Game

$140 In-Game Currency

4 Steam-Exclusive Hero Embellishments

4 Council-Exclusive Hero Embellishments

4 Steam-Exclusive Hero Skins

4 Tower Skins

Pack-Exclusive Title

Pack-Exclusive Tavern Decoration

Council-Exclusive Tavern Decoration

Council-Exclusive Title

Name in the Credits

You will get the goodies and the currency once they are made. You will receive those as codes to be able to redeem them in game. Regarding the name in credits this will be asked of us when the time comes. 

In response to TykkiMikk

[[65393,users]] quote:

So I bought the Defense Council alpha back in October. Now that the game is on my account, I can't buy into the early access. I see that the defense council will get the embellishment set, but will we get the $30 currency? Sucks that we're locked out of buying the currency at a reduced cost for already owning the game if that is the case.

Edit: Scratch that... just found https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/114704/full-details-of-steamcouncil-packs

For Defense Council Co-Op Pack purchasers, is that the people who bought the $70 pack back in Oct?  If so does that essentially mean we don't need to buy the Collector's Edition to get all the exclusive bonuses from that?  (But may still be inclined to buy it for the buttload of discounted currency!)

Yes the council co-op pack purchasers are those you got the 70$ pack back in oct. In that very same thread you linked, compare the goodies and see if there's any missing 

In response to Lunasea

[[65348,users]] quote:

when this will be free?

[[58004,users]] they didn't go away from the f2p platform, the game is still F2P, however what's on steam right now it's the early access to the game. 
What does this mean? 
Early Access isn't Early Release, it's rather more complicated, it's where they offer us the chance to support the game development by paying, and as a reward we get to play the early version of the game, test them and feedback on them, this means we get to influence the game development, so basically you're paying to be more connected to the dungeon defenders 2 develop

I can see how some might not find that interesting enough or they just want to play the game. But for some example me this is quite exciting. No matter what you chose to play now and support or later and simply play the game i hope to see you there and i hope we can have some fun playing together if we happen to meet :)

In response to MAMSKYY

[[53992,users]] quote:

I literally laughed when I found the solution, after 4 hours. 4 HOURS of re-installing/installing on a different PC/verifying game cache etc, list goes on, removing the ? from the end of my Steam Name was the problem. Game of the Year.

This game seems 100 times better than the first-except for one thing-it is exclusive for PS4.  if trendy entertainment released it on all councils that the 1st is one, then this game would be one of the best that i have ever played in my life.  

[[64581,users]] quote:

Hi... how can I check that my Collector's Edition Upgrade is activated?

Buy a few more just to be safe. :)))))  (Joking of course.)

Actually try adding the collector's edition to your Steam cart.  It should give you a notification to say that you already have that version in your Steam library.  Be careful not to repurchase it again though.

In response to MamaTata

[[65660,users]] quote:

Does anyone else have a problem with the "its going to be completly f2p and than they put it in early access for atleast a year... seriously. if you want to sell your game just ***ing sell it.

Hey Laboon.  It's fine to express your opinion whether it's negative or otherwise, but please refrain from swearing as it's against the forum rules.

In response to Laboon

How do I download the game, when I have the defense council account, but never played it , because of the website crash. I never got anything to install?? Do I download through steam or some other place? I only have my activation codes

Regards ...

[[65988,users]] quote:

Hello.

Is there anyway to upgrade the attackspeed of the bows,

They shoot soow slow,

Thanks

At the moment, there's no way to increase the attack speed on weapons.

In response to ImJustMaikey

[[61970,users]] quote:

so im guessing all of that F2P stuff went out the window?

DD2 will eventually be free-to-play. The Steam Early Access is for those who want to get in early and help influence the game while it's in an early state. 

In response to TheMage1337

[[64345,users]] quote:

How do I download the game, when I have the defense council account, but never played it , because of the website crash. I never got anything to install?? Do I download through steam or some other place? I only have my activation codes

Regards ...

Please email support[at]trendyent[dot]com, and we'll help you out ASAP.

In response to ArthurD2