The Defender-Centric Update is now live on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One! This update contains a whole lot of love to a lot of foundational systems within Dungeon Defenders II. These changes are based off of feedback many of you have provided, and as Chromatic, we wanted to really give our GLORIOUS Defenders something that demonstrated how much we value our community. Without further ado, let's get into it!
Shards are such an integral part to Dungeon Defenders II when it comes to empowering your heroes with great strength to take out the waves of enemies constantly thrown at you. Currently there is a lot of RNG regarding which shards you get, and to help cut down the randomness, farming lower tiered content is the easiest way to go.
We don’t want that. We want you playing content you find engaging, while being able to acquire the Shards you want. With this update, you can! We're adding in the Shard Shop, a service that the Gran Ma'ster now offers. Visiting her allows you to purchase Shards directly from her, from Campaign to Chaos VII. There is also search functionality so you can search for the Shard you want and cut down the hunt!
CHAOS VIII SHARDS
Chaos VIII Shards are a new tier of shard, that some of you may have snagged before. We went through and found a way to make these shards feel like a good reward for climbing higher Onslaught, and have them compete with similar Shards. You can get them after a certain point in Onslaught, similar to when you start receiving Chaos VIII Ampoules.
We want players enjoying Ancient Power as much as they can, and our big goal was making sure that Defenders could play content they found engaging, while working towards a specific goal. Enter Material Conversion. Material Conversion allows you to take a Pristine quality material and convert it to the same type of material of a lower quality. This makes it so that if you are climbing Onslaught, or playing higher Chaos, you're always gaining usable materials to acquire Ancient Power.
That's not all though! As you play Chaos VII and above, you can take your Chaos VII Ampoules and convert them into CHAOS VIII AMPOULES! We want players upgrading and getting Chaos VIII gear, so this is a step towards making that process feel good and not entirely beholden to RNG. We’ll be using this as a basis for any additional changes/additions made to Ancient Power.
One thing that we love is the ability to customize the heroes in Dungeon Defenders II. Weapons are part of the epic-ness (or silliness) that can really show off your own personal taste. This update provides over 30 NEW Weapons that are currently unobtainable. These weapons are gained by climbing through different tiers of Onslaught. The higher you go, the more epic the weapons become! These weapons scale upon opening the gifts to your progression (to a cap, like Chaos VII items). There's a ton to hunt down, and if you happen to get the same weapon repeatedly, no worries — you can trade it to your friends!
NEW ELEMENTAL DAMAGE — POISON!
Poison Mods in the form of Chips are coming with this update. This Mod can be find in Lost Temple for now. Poison can be applied to weapons to give them an additional damage over time effect. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! If earth damage is dealt to a poisoned enemy, they now become PETRIFIED, freezing them in place, turning them to stone, and causing their fellow enemies to attack them!
NEW USER EXPERIENCE
We understand that a lot of Defenders that come to Dungeon Defenders II want to start the game off with their friends. This update includes the ability to complete the New User Experience (the first three tutorial levels) with friends. The flow has also been adjusted so that new Defenders get to town faster and instead of having to complete the tutorial maps first.
- Increased damage scaling to 4.7 from 4.5 (5% BUFF)
- Hailstorm Tower
- Increased scaling to 42 from 40 (5% BUFF)
- Arc Lightning
Two at Twice the Price
- Increased scaling to 5.5 from 5 (10% BUFF)
- Increased scaling to 37 from 35 (6% BUFF)
- Increased scaling to 12 from 10 (15% BUFF)
- Two at Twice the Price
Poison Dart Tower
- Now deals Poison damage by default. This provides the same rules as other elemental damage towers, where Mods cannot apply a second form of elemental damage, but Shards can.
- Poison Dart Tower
- Increased scaling to 27 from 25 (8% BUFF)
- Draining Strike
Maw of the Earth Drake
- Defense Unit cost reduced to 40 from 50 (20% BUFF)
- Defense Health Scaling reduced from 225 to 175
Fissure of Embermount
- Increased scaling to 2.2 from 2.0 (10% BUFF)
- Health scaling increased to 0.2 from 0.1 (50% BUFF)
- Increased damage scaling to 9.51 from 9.31 (3% BUFF)
- Increased range scaling to 1.5555 from 1.3334 (15% BUFF)
- Maw of the Earth Drake
- Increased Tower Defense Power scaling to 1.3 from 1.2 (8% BUFF)
- Increased damage scaling to 6.975 from 6.875 (2% BUFF)
- Increased range scaling to 0.1534 from 0.1334 (15% BUFF)
- Sand Viper
Power of the Knight (Gloves)
- Increased damage boost scaling to 5 from 3 per level (66% BUFF)
World Tree McBufferson (Relic)
- Increased shield bonus to 15 from 10 per level (50% BUFF)
Broomnado Power (Boots)
- Increased damage scaling to 3.5 from 3.0 (17% BUFF)
Scatter Power (Chest)
- Increased damage scaling from 3.5 to 3.0 (17% BUFF)
Snipe Critical Strike (Weapon)
- Increased Critical Chance to 3 from 2 per level (50% BUFF)
Crumbling Stone (Relic)
- Increased damage multiplier to 1.5 from 1.0 per level (50% BUFF)
Shattering Stones (Boots)
- Increased detonation damage to 45 from 40 per level (13% BUFF)
Volcanic Might (Relic)
- Increased stun chance to 2% from 1.5% per level (33% BUFF)
Volcano Mega Rock (Relic)
- Increase Defense Power scaling to 200 from 150 per level (33% BUFF)
Lashing Power (Chest)
- Increased damage to 3.5 from 3.0 per level (17% BUFF)
Split Vipers (Relic)
- No longer removes ramp up damage (BUFF)
Debilitating Madness (Gloves)
- Increased damage amplification to 3.5 from 3.0 (17% BUFF)
- Fixed an issue with Pristine Motes not dropping correctly from Victory Chests (now drops a stack of five).
- Fixed an issue with Shattequake triggering Mod effects based off the heroes equipped weapon.
- Fixed an issue with poison sometimes not applying towards the Controller Burn mutator.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed users to generate infinite mana with the Dryad.
- Adjusted error messaging when players were pushed to the main menu from the tutorial maps.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed users to generate unlimited defense mana.
- Fixed an issue that allowed defense effects to stay after being sold.
- Adjusted the messaging from the second tutorial map.
- Adjusted messaging that indicated a map had not been unlocked yet.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to get infinite help.
- Shattering Stones, Explosive Poison, Snake Bomb, and Explosive Finale shards are not working correctly.
- Crafting Materials are currently not tradeable.
- Poison damage is not procc'ing correctly on Target Dummies.
- The Wayfarer is still in his winter clothes, we’ll get him a new pair of clothes in our next patch/hotfix.
- Poison Dart Tower does not have an attunement icon.
To get reliable updates on what’s to come, be sure to check out our social platforms for the latest juiciest beans to be spilled:
The entire team has had a blast making this content, we cannot wait for all of you to get your hands on our next update. Stay tuned for more info soon!
The Dungeon Defenders II Team