We wanted to ease players into our early game by making hero-specific loot drop more frequently on early maps. We like ramping our loot system to the player. As such we want early players to very frequently find immediate rewards. Later on when we’ve introduced more game concepts, we drop more variety of loot to show players the possibility space. There are a lot of options in the DD2 loot system for you to play with. We found a bug that was preventing hero-targeted loot from dropping on certain maps (mainly Town Entrance and Market) As a result, you’ll see more loot drop for your hero across the board:
- Resolved an issue where items were not dropping at the intended frequency for the selected Hero.
Many of you have been pointing at easy mode Monk for awhile. We listened. What we found is that the Monk’s Lightning Damage Spec Node was adding an additional 100% damage every time the Spec Node activated. We’ve fixed the issue and Monks are fitting better into our hero balance paradigm:
- Resolved an issue where the Monk’s Lightning Damage Spec Node did significantly more damage than intended.
Clarity is critically important. We identified certain stats and tooltips that were unclear or had bugs and cleaned them up:
- The Apprentice’s Reduce Cooldown Spec now displays the correct percentage in the Spec Node page. There were some additional edge cases that were fixed in this patch.
- The special stat “% chance to drench on hit for # seconds” was displaying different number of seconds depending on if the item was equipped or in the inventory. The tooltip should now display the correct number in all places.
- Physical and Magical Armor have been renamed to Physical and Magical Resist for items.
General Bug Fixing:
- Switching between characters with an item that has the lifesteal special stat no longer breaks the functionality of lifesteal.
- Resolved an issue where the “Chance on Damage Taken for Fire Explosion” special stat on items would never trigger.
- The special stat "% chance to stun a target for # seconds" no longer applies to the Monk's Lightning Aura.[/list]